Posted on Nov 27, 2013 12:18 PM, Windows Phone Central Forums | forums.wpcentral.com
I am having a problem with skydrive syncing on my Windows 8.1 laptop. Since this is essential to what I do this is a huge problem. I have three devices that I sync with skydrive, a Windows 7 Laptop, A Windows 8.1 laptop (that was updated from Windows 8), and a Windows Phone.
Prior to the upgrade to 8.1, everything worked flawlessly. I am now having the following symptoms:
1. Syncing is still working between the phone and the Windows 7 laptop.
2. If I add files to skydrive on the 8.1 laptop, using either the app or Windows Explorer, they only show up on the 8.1 laptop. They don't show up on the phone or the Windows 7 laptop
3. If I delete files from skydrive on the 8.1 laptop, they still show up on the other 2 devices.
4. In Windows Explorer, there is a symbol with 2 blue arrows facing left and right in kind of a circle on top of the skydrive icon that shows that skydrive is updating but it never does.
5. In the skydrive app, there are dots moving across the top of the screen that seem to indicate skydrive is working but it never updates.
6. If I add or delete files using the phone or the windows 7 laptop, the changes don't ever show up on the 8.1 laptop.
7. One Note is also not syncing on the 8.1 laptop.
8. There is a switch in the skydrive app in settings>options that says something like 'access all files offline.' It is always off. I have tried turning it on, but when I go back it is in the off position again. I don't know if that's default behavior or if it's part of the problem.
Does anyone know a solution? I've googled a bit and the problem seems to be quite common but I haven't found a solution. If no solution is available, is there a way I can revert back to windows 8?